Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Favorite drugstore gel & liquid liners

Hey beautiful people!!! Today I want to talk about my favorite drugstore gel & liquid liners that I use for my winged liner look!   I had tried a few different ones before I narrowed it to 4 that I constantly see myself re-purchasing.  There are 2 liquids and 2 gels that I will be sharing with you guys in this post.  I'll start with liquid liners first since those are the front runners for me.

Revlon has a line called "color stay," which in my opinon has good quality products that really last FOREVER.  Revlon Color Stay liquid liner is one of the first liquid liners I purchased once I stepped away from traditional pencils.  There color stay liquid liner is really long wearing and the application brush has a fine tip which is great for precise application.  I usually go to CVS to get my liners and this one runs about $7.50.  The second liquid liner I LOVE is believe it or not N.Y.C Liquid Liner for an awesome price of roughly $3.70.  This liner is wonderful and has a jet black finish, however it has a soft bristle brush applicator that is a litter harder to control if your just starting out with liquid liner.  This is the current liner i'm using day to day and really have grown fond of it.  Now, onto the gel liners that are contained in a small glass pot and come with their own seperate brush applicator.

Maybelline New York has a long lasting gel liner called "eyestudio" which goes on really smooth and creamy, claiming to last 24 hours.  This one runs about $10.00 at CVS and the amount you ge tin the pot will last you forever!  Last, but not least is is L'Oreal Infalliable Lacquer liner also at $10.00.  This formula is also very smooth and creamy with stay put formula with the same 24 hour lasting claim.  Gel liners will smudge and move a little more than a liquid, so keep that in mind, however gels are a bit easier to work with in my opinion.

I have tried to use some liquid liners that are more of a pen, which I tend to hate because the tip either dries out on me or the liquid comes out in an uncontrollable amount.  For getting that perfect clean line while doing a winged out look I do have some tricks.  I either use a pointed cotton swab, which you can find at either Sally's or Target or use a small concelor brush with foundation to sweep along bottom of liner to give a sharp precise edge.

If you guys have any questions, comments, or recommendations for other liners you may use and love please share it with me!! Below are pictures of the products so you guys can start shopping ASAP ;o) 








 
 

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure if you ever tried the Physicians Formula Eyelash Booster Eye Liner 2 +1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum. It enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step. Its long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.
    I love it. Its about 9.00 dollars at CVS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lucy...I have not tried it yet...I will have to take a look at it...thanks so much for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete