Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NYC Bronzer (contour and highlight)



Hello Beautiful people!!  So since my last post was a more expensive product I decided I would do a drugstore product today!  I wanted to talk about the NYC bronzer that I use for light natural contouring for my day to day look.  The best part about this product is that it's only $2.99 and can be found at CVS!!  The color I use is called Sunny and I usually apply it in thin layers right under my cheekbones, under chin along jaw line, my temples, a small amount on top of my forehead and along the sids of my nose.  The reason I apply in layers is so I can blend as I go for a more natural look and so I can work up to the desired darkness I want.  When doing contour you want to make sure whatever you are using is matte finish, which means no shimmer or glitter. 

Contouring your face gives you the appearance of a slimmer more sculpted face with focus on making the shape of the face look oval.  The "contoured" areas will create a shadow causing those areas of the face to look receded and then once you highlight the areas I briefly mentioned in my last post with a highlighter those areas will "pop."  Just in case you are not familiar with which areas to highlight I will mention it here.  The following areas I list you want to highlight with a light color product to accentuate.  The type of product you can use to highlight can be a lighter foundation (about 2 shades lighter) or concealer, yellowish/white powder or cream based product.  The areas to highlight include cheeckbones, brow bone, bridge of nose leading to start of forehead, above top lip, center of chin, under eyes, and outside bottom half of face.  Below I will post a picture to better help the contour/highlight application. 



I will mention that if I want to do a more dramatic and bolder contour application I will use Mac blush in Harmony or Mac pro sculpting cream in Cooper Beech and the highlight is Accentuate.  Other contour products I own and sometimes use are Makeup Forever sculpting kit and Tarte's Park ave Princess, (which is a waterproof bronzer), and last but not least the Coastal Scents Contour/Blush palette.  Let me know if your interested in any of these products I just mentioned and I could let you know their prices and where to find them...hope this stuff was helpful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment